We are a high-performing, non-profit Community Action Agency looking for a seasoned professional to work as a Life Works Coach for our self-sufficiency program. We have one full-time position available in McDowell County.
The successful candidate must be able to:
• Conduct long-term, complex individual and family case-management using agency and community resources and strength-based approaches;
• Use evidenced-based strategies, techniques and tools to help customers set life goals and implement action-based solutions;
• Collect, analyze, maintain and protect up-to-date, confidential and required electronic and hardcopy financial and personal customer data and records;
• Build and maintain resource-based relationships with other organizations, educational institutions and employers;
• Conduct job development and placement activities;
• Instruct and/or facilitate agency-sponsored and other approved coursework and training;
• Understand and address the socioeconomic and psychological factors that affect people who live in poverty;
• Work on teams to complete tasks;
• Incorporate initiative, sound judgment and the Agency’s Values – Teamwork, Communication, Quality and Respect into daily work;
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and/or Peer Support Specialist a plus
• Graduation from a regionally or CHEA accredited four year college or university with a degree in Social Work or related human services field
• Minimum of five years of outcomes-focused, multi-dimensional, case-management experience in a team-based setting
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable
Must have valid NC Driver License and transportation
Must pass pre-employment background and drug screens
Salary: $17.25 to $19.40 DOQ plus competitive benefits. This position is non-exempt under FLSA and eligible for overtime pay.
Click here to download the full description of the Life Works Coach position.
CAO may exclude applicants from consideration who fail to comply with the following submittal requirements:
Send resume, cover letter and complete contact information for three (3) professional references to:
Email with Subject: Life Works Coach to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EEO and DFW
Open until filled. Interviews to begin early September with a start date expected in October 2020.