Seeking Health Services Assistant to perform work to ensure that Head Start children receive required screenings and their families receive the individualized plan, support, and services they need to be ready for school.
• Advocates for children and parents with community agencies, assists parents in understanding services, accessing services effectively, and asking the right questions
• Assists in emergency situations, make quick decisions, provides support to teachers, parents and children, and ensures appropriate follow-through for medical care
• Coordinates and supports health screenings, perform height and weight screenings
• Makes referrals and schedules appointments with doctors, dentists, mental health professionals, and local health departments for screening, assessments, and treatment, notifies parents and arranges for transportation, facilitates parent and provider contacts.
• Recruits dental providers to perform screening, examinations and treatment, evaluates referrals and prioritizes treatment.
• Obtains and maintains confidential permission and release of information forms, distributes forms to appropriate staff, agencies and service providers, obtains documentation and reports from screening and treatment services, maintains the record-keeping system, transfers health records at end of the school year to public schools as requested
• Tracks and updates immunization records and food sensitivities and allergies
• Comprehensive knowledge of child development, childhood illnesses, dental and nutritional needs and health-related terminology
• Thorough knowledge of community resources and accessibility requirements
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and industry-specific database software
• Ability to collaborate with individuals and as a responsible team member
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with other employees, community professionals and agency customers
• Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
• Must be able to perform light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up-to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects
• Must possess the visual acuity to prepare data and statistics, work with accounting processes, operate a computer terminal, and read extensively
•Valid CRC Letter of Qualification from DCDEE
•Valid NC Driver’s License
•Ability to pass physical, TB, background, and drug screenings
Desirable Education and Experience:
•Associate’s degree in Social Work, Early Childhood or health care or education, arts or sciences
•Experience working in a preschool program
•An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
•Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
Compensation: $13.12 to 13.75 DOQ plus competitive benefits including 401(k)
This position is non-exempt under FLSA and is eligible for overtime pay
Click here to download full description of the Health Services Assistant position. (.pdf)
Email resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references with complete info to:
E-mail Subject: Health Services Assistant
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $14.08-15.25 per hour, depending on qualifications
Our agency is following all recommended federal, state, and local protocols to ensure the safety of our staff, families, and our community.
EOE, DFWP, Open Until Filled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com