We are a high-performing, non-profit Community Action Agency seeking an individual to fill a part-time, as need, food services associate substitute position in a high quality head start program.
The successful candidate must be able to:
• Plan meals according to established menus; order food and other supplies and maintain proper inventory of items; shop and purchase food items for the Head Start program.
• Prepare a complete meal by choosing the proper amounts of food for preparation, start the cooking process, season, observe while cooking, remove when ready and place food in warming devices.
• Prepare serving portions and special dietary servings according to specific guidelines.
• Clean or ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation of dishes, food preparation equipment and supplies, ovens, refrigerators, and other kitchen equipment and supplies.
• Incorporate initiative, sound judgment and the Agency’s Values – Teamwork, Communication, Quality and Respect into daily work
• High School Diploma
• Considerable Experience in food preparation in large quantities, including some lead food service worker responsibilities
• Considerable knowledge of nutritional, portion and sterilization requirements and regulations.
• Considerable knowledge of kitchen hazards, commercial kitchen cleaning and sterilization requirements and related safety precautions.
• Considerable knowledge of methods of preparation and cooking of food in quantity
• Considerable knowledge of the use and adaptabilities of various pieces of cooking equipment used in commercial or institutional kitchens.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable
Must have valid NC Driver License
Must pass pre-employment background and drug screens
Must be able to obtain a NC ServSafe food handler certification
Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus
Hourly Rate of Pay: $12.52-14.00 DOQ This position is non-exempt under FLSA and eligible for overtime pay.
CAO shall exclude applicants from consideration who fail to comply with the following submittal requirements:
Send resume, cover letter and complete contact information for three (3) professional references to:
Email with Subject: Food Services Associate Substitute to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the full description of the Food Service Associate Substitute.
EEO and DFW
Open until filled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com